Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My ramblings

I'm not sure what to tell you about my day, it's been pretty uneventful all except it's snowing! I know it's not gonna stick. : ( But I can hope! Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be icy so I can't go to work! That's what I miss the most about Illinois, you were pretty much guaranteed snow every winter! 
Well right now Ht is using his dad as  a jungle-gym, and pulling trash out of my couch. I'm gonna hurt someone, I just cleaned my living room. Now it looks as though I never touched it. I've resolved myself to not folding or putting up Axl's clothes. I cleaned up our bedroom about 2 weeks ago, I mean QM would be proud of how clean my room was!  I kept asking Axl to come and help me, he never did. All of his clothes are now in a pile on our floor. I don't know what's clean and what dirty, and I don't care. Is that bad? I know it's not the wifely thing to do but I think he's a big boy and can do it himself.
Gram's is watching American Idol and the guy singing is driving my nuts, and yet my son loves it. I guess I should get used to it. Well I better go eat before it's all gone!

3 comments:

Inkling said...

A husband's clothing is his own deal, in my opinion. I do wash the clothing in Henry David's hamper each week. (We have separate hampers because his clothes get sooo dirty, and the thought of washing his and mine together is too creepy for me.) And I lay his clothing out flat in a nice pile at the end of our bed after it's dry. But, he puts all of his clothes away. This is a good thing, because I happen to know that not all the clothing in his dresser is actually fresh and clean. He's got a method I don't want to understand. There are even times that I find him storing his work clothes in his hamper, even though he isn't ready for me to wash them yet. We won't talk about the constant two pairs of socks or what I consider to be an under garment issue......

I suppose if it gets really bad for you, you could do what the moon and the wind did to Little Brown Bear when he didn't put his clothes away. They took them all out of his room after he ignored their admonition to be responsible, and he had to wear his old too-small clothes the next day. You could just let Axl know that the wind might blow in and take his clothes away if he doesn't put them where they belong, and then make it so he's stuck with enough to keep him safe from arrest for indecent exposure until he gets the point and promises to put his clothes away.

Or, you could just put up with it and be grateful to have such wonderful cushioning for your floors, and such a great dust covering that keeps you from having to sweep or vacuum so often. =)

Queen Mother said...

I tried that with your daddy a couple of times in the first years of marriage. It didn't work and still gross's me out to think of some of the things he did when he ran out of clean clothes. I do hope you have much better sucess.
perhapes it is a guy/mom thing and they have to out grow it.

FarmWife said...

Now is when I'm grateful to be married to a wanna-be neat freak. He's not so good at the details (scrub the bathroom? Huh?), but he doesn't leave clothes laying around. It's his pet peve. He does keep lots of "outside" clothes in the utility closet, but eventually he cleans it out...I avoid it at all costs!