Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Walmart adventure

Ht, QM and I went to Walmart thursday night. We picked everything up and checked out, as we were getting ready to leave I went to put HT's hat on and discovered it was gone! This is the coolest winter hat ever and he dropped it! It was Black fleece with red flames, and 3 points on top, the only one I've ever seen so I freaked! So we spent the next hour searching for the boy's hat. I was getting the strangest looks from people mainly because I was crawling on my hands and knees in the aisles looking under the fixtures and partitions. I think I even got called a rather ugly name by a man whom I "bumped" into. It's probably a rather good thing he didn't say it loud enough for me to completely comprehend what he said. It was 10pm and I had been at work all day and then had to go to Nashville with Axl to pick up a camera so I was rather tired, and had NO patience left. We eventually gave up after asking just about everyone that worked in the store if they had seen it. So I went to the customer service desk and left my name and number with a bleak hope of it being found. I just knew that some kid had picked it up and their parents didn't have them take it to an associate. It was gone forever! Then on Saturday much to my surprise I got a phone call from Walmart and they had found it! And that is the end of that adventure. So I'm sending Axl and Stoops to go get it. 

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

Yahoo!! I was so upset when QM told me the hat was lost. I love that hat. So glad someone turned it in!!

BTW, welcome to the wide world of blogdom.

I love you! Give HT a big slobbery kiss from his Aunt Farmie.

anonymous jones said...

Am I your first official non-related visitor? Lucky about the hat - try sticking some of those velcro dots around HT's hairline!

Queen Mother said...

Yeah theres nothing like a late night at Wally World and have your hopes dashed.

Now we are all doing the Dance of Joy.

Or maybe it the Chicken dance.